Trophée des Champions: Olympique Lyonnais' stats
Olympique Lyonnais have an impressive record in the Trophée des Champions - check out some of their stand-out stats as the countdown continues towards Saturday's season 2016-17 curtain-raiser.
- Tenth participation (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2015 and 2016).
- A 78 per cent win rate, with seven titles (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2012).
- A 75 per cent win rate in penalty shootouts (three from four).
- 17 goals scored (a competition record) and ten goals conceded.
- 12 different goalscorers: Sidney Govou (4), John Carew (3), Vikash Dhorasoo, Peguy Luyindula, Michael Essien, Mahamadou Diarra, Elber, Hatem Ben Arfa, Karim Benzema, Cris, Bafétimbi Gomis and Jimmy Briand (1).
- Biggest win: 5-1 against FC Lorient in 2002.
- Player with the most TDC appearances for OL: Anthony Reveillère (six appearances).
- Player with the most TDC appearances currently playing for the club: Christophe Jallet (three appearances).
- Alexandre Lacazette, Maxime Gonalons, Clément Grenier, Jordan Ferri and Gueïda Fofana are the five players still with the club who appeared in the 2012 edition.
- OL's last three wins (2006, 2007 et 2012), have seen the club fall behind before coming back to claim victory.
- The only time OL have kept a clean sheet in the competition, against Bordeaux in 2008, they ended up losing, 5-4 on penalties.
- OL hold the record for most Trophée des Champions appearances, with Saturday's clash with PSG to be their tenth.
- The Trophée des Champions 2012 remains OL's most recent title.
- Over the last 18 seasons, OL have finished in Ligue 1's top three no fewer than 16 times.
- This season will see OL undertake its 20th successive European campaign, and a 14th season in the UEFA Champions League.
- Since 2001, OL have won 17 domestic trophies (seven Ligue 1 titles, seven Trophées des Champions, two Coupes de France and one Coupe de la Ligue).
- OL boast the most UEFA Champions League wins of any French club (58 victories).