TROPHÉE DES CHAMPIONS: THE PARISIANS
As Paris Saint-Germain look to repeat last year's Trophée des Champions win over Lyon and claim a fourth-straight title in the competition, check out how Unai Emery's men have fared in previous editions or other supercups.
- Maxwell has won the Supercup in four different European leagues, including a six-year run of one per season in the Netherlands (Ajax Amsterdam), Italy (Inter Milan), Spain (FC Barcelona) and France (Paris Saint-Germain).
- Thiago Motta and Javier Pastore will be taking part in their fourth consecutive Trophée des Champions.
- A scorer against OL in last season's edition, Edinson Cavani will be taking part in his third edition with PSG, but his fourth supercup overall after contesting the 2012 Italian supercup with Napoli, who lost to Juventus.
- Thiago Motta will be taking part in the ninth supercup of his career and his fourth in a row with PSG. The Italy international won the supercup in Spain with Barcelona in 2005 and 2006, the Italian supercup with Inter in 2010 and then the last three Trophées des Champions in a row with PSG.
- Hatem Ben Arfa has four Trophées des Champions wins under his belt, having claimed three with Lyon (2005, 2006 and 2007) and one with OM (2010), against PSG.
- Angel Di Maria played in three supercups in Spain, all with Real Madrid, winning the pre-season trophy in 2012 after scoring against Barcelona in the first leg.
- Last season saw David Luiz win the first supercup of his career, with PSG, after defeats with Benfica (Portuguese supercup, 2010) and Chelsea (Community Shield, 2012).
- Grzegorz Krychowiak played n the UEFA SuperCup in 2014, when Europa League champions FC Sevilla - then coach ed by current Paris Saint-Germain boss Unai Emery - lost out to Champions League title holders Real Madrid.