Steel sharpens steel! Check out which Ligue 1 Uber Eats stars to keep an eye on as Europe's most exciting title race continues with a bevy of mouth-watering clashes in Round 34.
● PSG striker Kylian Mbappé has been involved in 30 goals in Ligue 1 Uber Eats in 2020-21 (23 goals, seven assists), but it's no surprise - this is in fact the second time he has achieved such a performance in a Ligue 1 Uber Eats campaign after doing so 2018-19 (40, 33 goals, seven assists). Only Zlatan Ibrahimovic (three times) has done better since Opta began analysing the competition in 2006-07. The Frenchman has dribbled into the opposition box 17 times in the top flight this season, at least seven more times than any other player.
● Olympique Lyonnais striker Memphis Depay has been involved in 15 league goals in 2021 (10 goals, five assists), more than any other player. Against LOSC, he can become the first player to take 100 shots in the top flight this season (currently 97).
● No defender has scored more goals in league play this season than FC Metz full-back Thomas Delaine (three, tied with Romain Perraud).
● MHSC duo Andy Delort and Gaëtan Laborde have delivered a total of seven assists to each other in Ligue 1 Uber Eats this season (four goals from Laborde from an assist by Delort, three goals from Delort off an assist from Laborde). No other duo has proven as complementary in the current campaign.
● With 11 goals already on his tally, Terem Moffi (21 years and ten months) has become the youngest player to score at least ten goals for FC Lorient in a Ligue 1 Uber Eats season.
● Hwang Ui-jo has been involved in nine league goals in 2021 (nine goals), that's at least four more than any other Girondins de Bordeaux player.
● Dijon FCO midfielder Bersant Celina has delivered the most assists (five) without scoring a goal in Ligue 1 Uber Eats this season.
● AS Monaco defender Guillermo Maripan has scored four goals from a corner in the league this season, more than any other player.
● 50% of Karl Toko-Ekambi's goals with OL in Ligue 1 Uber Eats in 2020-21 have come from inside the six-yard box (6/12), the highest ratio among players with at least ten goals this season.
Opponents who inspire
● RC Strasbourg Alsace's Ludovic Ajorque has scored three goals against FC Nantes in Ligue 1 Uber Eats, his second-favourite opponent after AS Monaco (four goals). He is also the striker who has most possessions in his own box in the elite this season (54).
● Pol Lirola is the defender who has had the most possessions in the opposition's penalty area in the league since Jorge Sampaoli took over at Olympique de Marseille on March 10 (25, at least ten more than any other defender).
● AS Saint-Etienne's Mahdi Camara is the midfielder who has played the most minutes in Ligue 1 Uber Eats in season 2020-21 (2845). He is also the player with the most interceptions in the opposition half in the top flight this season (32).
● Stade Brestois 29 defender Brendan Chardonnet has thwarted 37 shots in the league this season, more than any other outfield player in the elite.
● Fabien Centonze (99) can become the first player to reach the 100-interception mark in Ligue 1 Uber Eats in season 2020-21. This would be a first for an FC Metz player since Opta started analysing the competition in 2006-07.
● OGC Nice defender William Saliba has covered the most distance forward with the ball in the league in 2021 (2,839 metres).
● Montpellier Hérault SC midfielder Jordan Ferri is the only outfield player to have completed at least 100 long passes to the opposition half in Ligue 1 Uber Eats this season (101).
● Brest midfielder Romain Faivre has earned 25 fouls in the opposition's last 30 yards in the top flight this season, more than any other player.
● RC Lens defender Loïc Badé has won 89 defensive aerial duels in Ligue 1 Uber Eats in season 2020-21, more than any other player.
● Nîmes Olympique defender Pablo Martinez is the player who has attempted the most passes inside his 30 yards without missing a single one in the league this season (78/78).
● Baptiste Reynet (Nîmes Olympique) has saved ten penalties in the top flight over the last five seasons, more than any other keeper.
● Stade Rennais FC player Steven Nzonzi's successful passes in Ligue 1 Uber Eats this season have covered a distance of 34 kilometres, the highest total for a midfielder.
● Dijon FCO defender Bruno Ecuele Manga has started a match as captain of his side 33 times during the 2020-21 league season, more than any other player. He is also the player who has taken the most shots - without taking one from outside the box - in the top flight this season (29 shots).
● FC Nantes striker Kalifa Coulibaly has completed 88% of his passes in the opposition half in Ligue 1 Uber Eats this season (142/162), the highest ratio among players with at least ten passes.
● AS Monaco goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte can become the first French goalkeeper to keep a sixth-straight clean sheet in the top flight since Stéphane Ruffier did so with Les Verts in 2016.
● No goalkeeper in Europe's top 5 leagues has kept more clean sheets than LOSC's Mike Maignan this season (18).
● Mateo Pavlovic (Angers SCO) has had 93% of his possessions in his own half in Ligue 1 Uber Eats this season (336/361), the highest ratio among players with at least 150 touches.
● Olympique Lyonnais defender Jason Denayer has completed 77% of the long passes he has attempted so far in the 2020-21 campaign (72/93) - the highest ratio among players to have attempted at least 50.