As the final Coupe de la Ligue BKT Final looms on Friday, we take a look back at the records and stats from all the finals in the competition's 25-year history.
● 530 different players played a Final.
● Record of titles for one player:
5: Edinson Cavani, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Marco Verratti, Lucas Moura, Javier Pastore and Adrien Rabiot (PSG, from 2014 to 2018).
● Record titles for a coach :
4: Didier Deschamps (AS Monaco 1 and OM 3) and Laurent Blanc (Girondins de Bordeaux 1, PSG 3)
Goals: 61 goals (2.44 goals/Final)
● Most goals scored by a club in a Final:
4 goals: AS Monaco (2003), Girondins de Bordeaux (2009) and Paris Saint-Germain (2015 and 2017).
● Best attack in a Final:
1. PSG: 21 goals (2.3 goals/game)
2. Bordeaux: 11 goals (1.8 goals)
3. AS Monaco: 6 goals (1.5 goals)
4. OM: 5 goals (1.66 goals)
5. LO: 3 goals (0.6 goals)
● Average attendance for the 25 Finals: 68,693 spectators
● Total attendance for the 25 Finals: 1,717,337 spectators
● 45 different scorers in the Final
Top scorers in the Final:
1. Edinson Cavani (PSG), 8 goals
2. Angel Di Maria (PSG) and Pedro Miguel Pauleta (Bordeaux/PSG), 3 goals
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG), Brandao (OM/ASSE) and Ludovic Giuly (Monaco) 2 goals
● 12 winning clubs
● The most successful clubs:
1. PSG: 8
2. OM, Girondins de Bordeaux and RC Strasbourg Alsace: 3
5. FC Metz, RC Lens, FC Gueugnon, Olympique Lyonnais, AS Monaco, FC Sochaux-Montbéliard, AS Nancy Lorraine, AS Saint-Etienne: 1
● 22 different finalists
● Number of appearances in the Final:
1. Paris Saint-Germain: 10
2. Girondins de Bordeaux and Olympique Lyonnais: 6
4. AS Monaco: 4
5. RC Strasbourg Alsace and Olympique de Marseille: 3
7. RC Lens, SC Bastia, FC Metz and FC Sochaux-Montbéliard: 2
11. FC Gueugnon, AS Nancy Lorraine, AS Saint-Etienne, Vannes OC, FC Lorient, SM Caen, Montpellier HSC, OGC Nice, FC Nantes, Stade Rennais FC, LOSC and EA Guingamp: 1
● 61 goals scored in all the Finals (51 at Stade de France), including 26 in the first half, 31 in the second half and four in extra time.
● 40 goals were scored in open play, compared to 17 from set pieces and four from penalties.
● There was only one 0-0 in 25 Finals.
The 25 Finals in stats
● In the 25 Coupe de la Ligue BKT Finals, a total of 61 goals were scored, for an average of 2.44 goals per game.
● With five goals in total, the 2017 Final in Lyon between PSG and AS Monaco (4-1) was the highest-scoring, tied with the 2003 Final, which saw AS Monaco beat FC Sochaux-Montbéliard (4-1).
● The team with the most goals in the Final (21 goals), PSG scored an average of 2.33 goals per Coupe de la Ligue BKT (nine games).
● Paris Saint-Germain are the only club to have won the Coupe de la Ligue BKT five times in succession (from 2014 to 2018).
● In 2017, against AS Monaco, Julian Draxler (PSG) matched the performance of Cavani (PSG) in 2014 with PSG's fastest goal in the Final, scoring in the fourth minute. A performance that remains behind Wendel (Girondins de Bordeaux), who scored in the third minute in 2009.
● Since 1995, the opening goal of a Coupe de la Ligue BKT Final has been scored on average in the 37th minute of play.
● The last 14 Finals with at least one goal scored have been won by the team that opened the scoring. In the history of the competition, 91% of the teams that opened the scoring went on to win: only PSG (1998) and FC Sochaux-Montbéliard (2004) managed to clinch victory after conceding the first goal.
● Since the competition's inauguration in 1995, seven of the 25 Finals have gone into extra time: the last time was a year ago (RCSA-EAG). And 12 of the last 14 Finals have been decided in regulation time.
● 16 of the 25 Coupe de la Ligue BKT Finals have been won either by a single goal (11, including two in overtime) or on penalties (five).
● While three of the first four Finals used penalties, this was the case for only 2 of the 21 following Finals (2004, FCSM-FC Nantes and 2019 RCSA-EAG).
● RC Strasbourg Alsace (three titles) are, along with OM (three titles), the only club to boast a 100% winning record in the Final (among the clubs with at least two appearances in the Final).
● Edinson Cavani (PSG) is the top scorer in the history of the Coupe de la Ligue BKT Finals. The Uruguayan has scored in five different Finals with a total of eight goals scored (four doubles). He is ahead of Rai (1995 and 1998), Pedro Miguel Pauleta (2002 and 2008) and Brandao (2012 and 2013) - all of who have scored in two Coupe de la Ligue BKT Finals.
● Of the eight doubles scored in Coupe de la Ligue BKT Finals, six were struck by Parisians (Cavani four times, Pauleta and Ibrahimovic), one by a Monegasque (Giuly, 2003) and one by a Girondin (Pauleta).
● Pedro Miguel Pauleta (Final 2002: FC Lorient 0-3 Girondins de Bordeaux) and Edinson Cavani (Final 2018: Paris SG 3-0 AS Monaco) are the only players who scored in each half of the same Coupe de la Ligue BKT Final.