Nearly a year and a half after launching its TikTok account, Ligue 1 Uber Eats is strengthening its presence on the platform with the launch of new initiatives aimed at fans around the world.
Launched in October 2019, the Ligue 1 Uber Eats account quickly won over the TikTok community in France and internationally with its exclusive videos and content highlighting the French championship in a creative and off-beat way.
Now with more than 1.3 million subscribers, Ligue 1 Uber Eats has the second-highest number of fans among Europe's leagues. Since the creation of the account, posted content has generated over 13 million likes and some videos have even exceeded ten million views.
Following a seminar organised as part of the partnership between the LFP and TikTok, professional clubs have also invested in the platform. There are now 15 Ligue 1 Uber Eats clubs and one Ligue 2 BKT club on the social network.
The clubs are also very often associated with the initiatives set up on the Ligue 1 Uber Eats TikTok account of the Ligue 1 Uber Eats, in particular:
- TikTok Lives, which allow fans to experience an immersive digital experience at the heart of Ligue 1 Uber Eats: backstage / players' arrival / locker room / warm-up / players' intervention before the match.
Since the beginning of the season, two TikTok lives have been produced: one in Lille for LOSC Lille-Paris Saint-Germain and in Marseille for Olympique de Marseille-Olympique Lyonnais, followed by more than 150,000 people.
- The #HashtagChallenge, the first of which #JoueLaComme (or #BendItLike for international fans) launched in September 2020, saw users replicate the most iconic goal celebrations of Ligue 1 Uber Eats players. In one week, the #JoueLaComme campaign generated over 200 million views worldwide.
New initiatives for even more engagement
By the end of the 2020-21 season, new initiatives embodying the TikTok spirit will be launched on the platform in order to meet the expectations of football fans in France and abroad and to engage them even more:
- A second #HashtagChallenge, the #PenaltyGame: online since 5 April, this challenge gives users the possibility to put themselves in the shoes of a Ligue 1 Uber Eats goalkeeper to try to stop as many shots as possible during a penalty shootout.
- A prediction game will also be launched on Monday, 12 April, with fans challenged to predict the results of Ligue 1 Uber Eats clubs over four rounds through a number of quizzes and animations. Each week, 200 winners will be chosen and will have the opportunity to win several prizes (TV, travel, high-tech and sports products...)
- Finally, a third #HashtagChallenge and a third TikTok Live will be held at the end of May, in a different format from the first two.