The Ligue 1 Uber Eats podium for 2021-22will be decided on the final day of the season - this Saturday! - with AS Monaco in pole position for a second-placed finish ahead of OM and Stade Rennais. The same goes for the relegations and the play-offs...
Podium: Monaco in pole
At stake: Second place, which qualifies directly for the Champions League group stage alongside Ligue 1 Uber Eats champions Paris Saint-Germain, and third place, which nets one lucky team a place in the Champions League's Third preliminary round.
- Behind champions Paris Saint-Germain, AS Monaco (second, 68 pts, +25) have just moved up in the standings ahead of Olympique de Marseille (second, 68 pts, +21) on goal difference.
- On the final day, ASM go to RC Lens and will hang onto second place with a win unless OM, who will host in-form Strasbourg, to overcome their four-goal goal difference deficit.
- OM must do better than Monaco if they want to win back second place, which they conceded in their defeat to Rennes after holding it since Round 28.
- For their part, Stade Rennais (fourth, 65 pts, +42) can only climb onto the podium if they win in Lille and if Monaco and Marseille both lose.
European places: Strasbourg have overtaken Nice, Lens' European hopes alive
At stake: Fourth place, which qualifies for the Europa League group stage, and fifth place, which qualifies for the play-offs for the Europa Conference League group stage. Nantes have qualified for the Europa League group stage by winning the Coupe de France.
- Rennes remain the best placed to join FC Nantes in the Europa League, while right behind them, RC Strasbourg Alsace (fifth, 63 pts, +21) just passed OGC Nice (sixth, 63, +15).
- In Round 38, OGCN travel to 12th-placed Reims and Strasbourg visit the Orange Vélodrome.
- RC Lens (seventh, 61 pts, +14) still have a small chance of finishing fifth, provided they beat Monaco. Les Sang et Or would also need Strasbourg to lose in Marseille, as even a draw would put the Alsatian club on 64 points, and Lens would then still need to make up a goal-difference deficit of seven goals.
Relegation: Bordeaux in trouble, Saint-Etienne in the red
At stake: 18th place qualifies for a two-legged play-off against the Ligue 2 BKT play-offs winner, with 19th and 20th places condemned to relegation to Ligue 2 BKT.
- Bordeaux (20th, 28 pts, -41) still have a slim hope of reaching the play-offs. Les Girondins will, however, have to overcome a 12-goal goal-difference deficit behind FC Metz (18th, 31 pts, -29).
- Les Grenats still have a chance to make it to the play-offs, but they must not do worse at Paris Saint-Germain than Saint-Etienne (19th, 31 pts, -35) do at Nantes. Lorient (17th), Clermont (16th) and Troyes (15th) secured their top-flight survival on Saturday.