Several indicators show that in the 2021-22 season, Ligue 1 Uber Eats performed particularly well against the other major European leagues.
While the average number of goals scored is an important criterion for judging a league's performance - and Ligue 1 Uber Eats (2.81) was on a par with the Premier League (2.82) and Serie A (2.87), ahead of La Liga (2.51) and only behind the Bundesliga (3.12) - it is not the only one.
Just like the total number of goals scored (1,067 this season in Ligue 1 Uber Eats, the highest total since the 1982-83 season), actual playing time is one of the indicators used to assess the performance offered on the pitch. And playing time racked up during Ligue 1 Uber Eats matches was the best among the five major leagues during the 2021-22 season.
Compared to the other main European leagues, the Ligue 1 Uber Eats matches offered a fluid game with few interruptions. For example, the average VAR analysis time for the entire 2021-22 season was 26 seconds faster than that of Ligue 1 Uber Eats's nearest rival.
Effective playing time in 2021-22:
1. Ligue 1 Uber Eats, with 56 minutes and 18 seconds
2. Premier League, with 55 minutes and 7 seconds
3. Serie A, with 54 minutes and 41 seconds
4. Bundesliga, with 54 minutes and 27 seconds
5. La Liga, with 53 minutes and 22 seconds
Ligue 1 Uber Eats at the top with PSG-Reims
Ligue 1 Uber Eats matches were thus among those with the most effective playing time. And the one in first place is PSG-Stade de Reims, from 23 January 2022 (4-0), with 68 minutes and 32 seconds. In the top five matches in the five major European leagues with the most playing time, no fewer than four took place in Ligue 1 Uber Eats during the past season!
Matches with the most effective playing time in 2021-22 (in the big five leagues):
1. PSG-Stade de Reims (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 68 minutes and 32 seconds
2. Getafe-Barcelona (Liga), with 68 minutes and 1 second
3. OGC Nice-PSG (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 67 minutes and 45 seconds
4. Angers SCO-OM (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 67 minutes and 18 seconds
5. OM-Clermont Foot (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 67 minutes and 16 seconds
6. Bielefeld-Dortmund (Bundesliga), with 66 minutes and 38 seconds
7. ESTAC-OL (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 66 minutes and 36 seconds
8. Chelsea-Leicester (Premier League), with 66 minutes and 26 seconds
9. PSG-Bordeaux (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 66 minutes and 24 seconds
10. Leverkusen-Frankfurt (Bundesliga), with 66 minutes and 23 seconds
...12. OM-RC Lens (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 66 minutes and 18 seconds
13. OM-Stade Brestois (Ligue 1 Uber Eats), with 66 minutes and 13 seconds
1st goal has less impact in Ligue 1 Uber Eats
Having more playing time on average than in the other main European leagues allowed for more suspense, as Ligue 1 Uber Eats was the league where an opening goal was least likely to lead to victory (63%, compared with 70% in England) but also the league where an opening goal is no guarantee of avoiding defeat (14.9%, compared with 10.9% in La Liga).